Translate

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Saddles of a Different Sort

 These saddles won't be used for riding.


They are "saddle shoulders" and with any luck, and the help of Barbara G. Walker's "Knitting From the Top", they will be the start of a beautiful handspun sweater. Don't hold your breath though, this could take awhile. I'm designing it myself and I'm also still in the process of spinning the yarn for it.

As always, the links are only provided for your convenience and I receive no kickbacks for your clicks.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Good luck with your sweater! I love this book and have found it so interesting to study. I have made several raglan sweaters but no saddle shoulder one ... Yet.

Marlene said...

Thanks Nancy, I may need the luck you are offering. I'm familiar with designing top down raglan sweaters, since that is how the doll sweaters I've designed have been done. Designing the saddle shoulder version will be trickier since the directions for that are spread out throughout the book with various procedures described only in the directions for other styles. It's not at all linear. I'll be doing a fair bit of research before I proceed any further. That's okay though, since I'm not finished spinning for the project.