Translate

Friday, April 07, 2023

DRK Everyday Socks

Socks. A minor finished project. 


Simple mindless knitting to occupy my hands while I watch episodes of "Fruity Knitting", a favorite knitting podcast that I highly recommend to anyone interested in knitting, wool production, sheep, or hiking. It is very well done with loads of interesting content. There are even small nods to crochet, weaving, and spinning.



"I'll Knit If I Want To", is another knitting podcast I regularly watch. The sock pattern I used for these socks, the "DRK Everyday Socks" is one designed by that podcaster, Andrea Mowry of "Drea Renee Knits".

The socks fit very well, but I find having ribbing on the soles a bit to textured for my sensitive feet. I think next time I'll knit them with stockinette soles instead, but keep the ribbed tops.

No comments: