Translate

Friday, April 28, 2023

Goodbye Dear Friend

I had to say goodbye to a dear old friend a few days ago. Kona was not "my" dog, but for the past seven years or so she has been my friend, walking buddy, and daily companion. Her absence is deeply felt.


This first photo is one of my favorites. She was such a gentle sweetheart, and she loved her stuffies. In this photo she managed to pick up a "bouquet" of them, five in all, to greet her dad when he came to pick her up after work.


The photo above is not a great one, but for me, it remains a great memory. At seven years of age, she was still a puppy at heart, and she had great fun that snowy day in December of 2016, racing back and forth along the heavily snowed in path of Townsend Park.


Demanding equal attention.

Such a beautiful girl, here laying her heavy head across my knee in hopes that I will stop weaving for a moment to give her some one on one attention.

Kona supervising the beaming of the warp.

Kona was a wonderfully well behaved girl who could be trusted to lay quietly at my side, not disturbing a thing in my weaving room full of enticing yarny temptations.


Kona and I walked together at least five days a week, through the deep heat of summer, 


and in the bitter winds of winter. 


 You'll be dearly missed my old friend!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. RIP Kona

RagingMoon1987 said...

Awwww, good doggie. I'm sorry for your loss!

Marlene said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments, "Anonymous" and RagingMoon1987.

PJ said...

Awww....so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute for Kona!