Translate

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Sophie X2

I've been watching Podcasts each morning while Teddy, our dog, naps for two hours. It's nice to have that quiet crafting time to look forward to on a daily basis. While watching/listening I've completed two Sophie Scarves, not so much because I need them, but just to keep my hands busy with an easy, mindless project. 


I do love this size, shape, and style of scarf. I made a similar one last winter and, in the cooler months, I found it to be just right for keeping the chill from my neck on our morning dog walks. The small size means there are no ends dangling annoyingly. It can be wrapped twice and tied, and if it is not wrapped and tied, the modest length allows it to be tucked neatly into a coat. 


I knit these two in "Colorina" from Hobbii.com, which is a soft 80% acrylic/20% wool blend. Each scarf took a little less than one entire ball, though due to the finer gauge I knitted until the increases brought the width to 41 stitches rather than the number called for in the pattern.

The red/orange one is knit with colourway 12 Sweet Secret and the black was knit with colourway 15 Silhouette


It's a popular pattern and has been knitted 9758 times on Ravelry alone!

3 comments:

ChelleC said...

Oh my goodness, I love hat scarf. Nicely done. If you are watching podcasts, be sure and tune into mine (KnittingsAndSewings) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuVuN7gkZq4&t=3s
Chelle

Marlene said...

Thanks Chelle. I do watch your podcasts and enjoy seeing what you are up to.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh thanks. Everyone needs fun mindless projects for podcast watching