Translate

Friday, June 02, 2023

Dry Run Success

I've been wanting to get out in the kayaks again. My husband didn't think Teddy would fit, nor do well in the kayaks, so we didn't go out at all last year. With a little help from fellow Cavalier owning kayakers on a forum on Facebook I managed to convince him to at least give Teddy a chance. 


In a dry land test today Teddy passed with flying colours. He's not afraid of much and he never gets motion sickness so I was pretty sure he would do well. Teddy confirmed that. He was more than happy to sit still in the kayak, even when I purposely rocked it back and forth and made paddling motions. 

I do have to leave the "dashboard" console off my kayak, but that's not too much of a big deal. I usually keep a water bottle there in the cup holder and my phone stashed in the dry box, but I can keep them elsewhere. They just won't be as easily assessible.

(A view of the kayak consoles in the above picture.)

Teddy's reward for being such a good boy in the kayak was a trip to Mr Pets to be fitted for a life jacket.


He doesn't look happy in the picture but, I assure you, he is quite happy to be wearing it. He even played fetch and had a nap in it with no problem. 

2 comments:

PJ said...

Oh, fantastic! Teddy will be the perfect shipmate!

Marlene said...

I think so too, PJ. He should add an extra element of wonderful to an outing that I already enjoy.