I've had my drum carder out and over the period of several days I carded up a huge box full of blended batts. (To give you an idea of the size of that box, my big drum carder fits in there with room to spare!) These batts are primarily made of a light blue superwash mill end, but I've added a sizable chunk of a darker, commercially dyed merino top, and a smaller handful of two different colours of hand dyed mohair to each batt. I didn't weigh and measure, but each batt contains approximately the same blend.
It has resulted in a blend that has a little more colour interest than the original, flat, boring blue was. It's not so noticeable in the pictures as it is close-up and when I'm working on it. The blend should have a little added strength and sheen courtesy of the mohair in the blend as well.
I'm on my second bobbin of singles and I'm still not sure where I'm going with this blend. Perhaps a 2 ply lace shawl. More likely a 3 ply to be used for a vest or cardigan depending on the finished yardage.