I mentioned a little over a week ago that I was working on a large, machine knit project. Here it is, complete, seamed, hand knit border added, and steam blocked.
It's constructed from five triangular panels done on a Singer 360K knitting machine using punch card #2 for the fair isle portions. I cast on each triangle at the base, using waste yarn, then while changing colours and stitch patterns as I went, I decreased one stitch each side, every other row until no stitches remained. I then hand seamed the panels together, picked up the stitches from around the perimeter and hand knit a broken rib border.
This blanket has been made to coordinate with the hand knit baby sweater and hat I made earlier.