Translate

Friday, February 27, 2009

Pentagon Baby Blanket

I mentioned a little over a week ago that I was working on a large, machine knit project. Here it is, complete, seamed, hand knit border added, and steam blocked.

It's constructed from five triangular panels done on a Singer 360K knitting machine using punch card #2 for the fair isle portions. I cast on each triangle at the base, using waste yarn, then while changing colours and stitch patterns as I went, I decreased one stitch each side, every other row until no stitches remained. I then hand seamed the panels together, picked up the stitches from around the perimeter and hand knit a broken rib border.

This blanket has been made to coordinate with the hand knit baby sweater and hat I made earlier.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Great blanket! I love all the different patterns.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm so awed by this blanket! It really is amazing! :)

Marlene said...

Thanks Nicole and Ruinwen. The blanket was both fun and frustrating to do. It taught me a lot about the workings of my machine.

Karen said...

Very nice!