Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aeolian Progress

Work on the Aeolian Shawl continues. I've knit nupps, I've ripped nupps (and over a dozen other rows with them!) and I've reknit nupps. I've finally found a nupp variation that I can easily do and I'm very happy with the way they turn out.



Looking through forums and blogs it seems a lot of knitters are in search of the perfect nupp, one that doesn't drive you crazy with impossible knitting feats yet looks attractive when finished. The nupps are hard to see in this photograph because of the dark yarn, but I think these ones are winners.

Perfect 7 stitch nupps: knit loosely into the front and back of the next stitch repeatedly until you have made 7 elongated stitches from the one. On the next, backside, purl row, slip the first 3 stitches of the grouping to your right needle, purl together the last 4 stitches of the grouping, and then lift those 3 slipped stitches over. Ta da! Perfect nupp sitting there all perky and pretty. You may have to poke it through to the front side if it's being obstinate.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Very interesting - that's the first nupp I've heard of done in that manner. I'm definitely going to have to give that one a try.