Wovenflame

A fiber-crafts fanatic who lives to create. Lately I've been knitting and sewing to clothe resin ball jointed dolls. I'm also "Wovenflame" on Ravelry, Flickr, ETSY, DoA and yahoogroups.

My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Capricorn, Married with grown children.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Handspun Qiviut

3.6oz (102g) of handspun qiviut*.

*The super soft wool lying beneath the long coat of the muskox.

qiviut2

The fibre was a gift from a very dear friend.

qiviut4

I picked, carded, spun and plied it myself.

qiviut3

And I plan to knit it into a wonderfully soft and warm toque (watchcap) for my husband.

qiviut1

qiviut5

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You have a very lucky hubby!

September 17, 2011 4:25 am  
Blogger Chriss said...

Very nice! Lovely pictures too :)

September 17, 2011 6:02 am  
Blogger Rachael said...

It's so pretty it hurts. I know how soft Qiviut is and ache to touch that beautiful yarn! Your husband is a lucky, lucky man.

September 17, 2011 9:24 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home