Translate

Monday, May 25, 2020

Circular Weaving

I've been working for the past week or so on a very large circular weaving.


It's 35.5" in diameter, woven on a brass ring from what must have been a huge chandelier.


I really like most of it, but I'm having doubts about the outer edges. I don't really care for the natural coloured roving towards the rim, but the space is awkward to fill and it is all I had. A darker beige would have been better I think.


I liked the weaving more at an earlier stage, shown below.



Or perhaps even before that, when it was less busy looking and was more about the texture.



But leaving so much of the warp showing also seemed wrong?

2 comments:

cjbj said...

It's pretty cool!

Marlene said...

Thanks cjbj. There may be some redesigning of the outer few rows yet. I'm still pondering some changes.