Translate

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Seven Months Early

It's either seven months early or many years late. I finally finished the Bucilla applique kit, "Cookies and Candy Wreath".


Although it's ready in plenty of time for Christmas 2020, I actually purchased the kit on sale many, many years ago and didn't work on it until I came across it when I was cleaning and organizing my weaving room and decided --


--- that it was now or never! I would either get it made or give it away.


I chose to make it and I'm glad I did. It's quite cute and it was fun to make.

5 comments:

vicky said...

Is it real cookies and if so how to keep from fozen in time vicky

Marlene said...

No Vicky. They are not real cookies. The wreath decorations are made of felt which is embroidered, beaded, sequined, and stuffed with polyester stuffing.

vicky said...

Thank you very much great idea

PJ said...

Gorgeous!! I was so close many years ago to buying that kit!!

Marlene said...

I think when I bought it it was on sale and I was actually ordering something else and added it on to make it to some free shipping total or something. Seems to me that is why it initially sat for many years. I have done several stockings for family members in this heavily embroidered, beaded and sequined applique style. Photos never truly do it justice. It is prettier in person where you can see the sparkle from the sequins.