Translate

Thursday, May 07, 2020

Welcoming a Wee Neighbour

We had a wee neighbour arrive a week or so ago, two and a half weeks before she was due.


It's time for me to deliver the little sweater set I made in anticipation of her arrival, though there is no fear of her growing out of the set before I have a chance to give the gift. 


It's a 12 month size, but it will likely be even longer than that before it fits.

The patterns are "Gingersnap Cardigan", and "Sweet and Simple Baby Hat" and I knit them in "Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted".


5 comments:

fey said...

The sweater and hat are adorable! Your color choices are fun. I love the stripes, solids, super cute how you put it all together.
Lucky little person who gets this!

Marlene said...

Thanks Fey. The way the stripes and solids are presented are pretty much the way the pattern suggests, although I think in the pattern one of the stripe colours was used for the back where I repeated the solid instead.

cjbj said...

Sweaters sure are more fun looking these days! A sweet gift.

cjbj said...

Sweaters sure are more fun looking these days! A sweet gift.

Marlene said...

Although knitting an intricate lace sweater can be an enjoyable challenge, cjbj the more colourful yarns and playful designs available today are likely more fun for the baby and young parents.