Translate

Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Sandhill Sling

 It took awhile, with all the patches and boro like hand stitching, but my Sandhill Sling is finally finished.


I hope to use this small cross-body back pack on dog walks and when hunting for rocks for my mandala paintings. 


It has an outside zippered pocket, the main zippered interior, and an elasticized inside slip pocket.


This is the only construction photo I remembered to take. 


For the most part it wasn't difficult, but there were some "challenging" bits so I wouldn't recommend it for a beginning sewist.

I do intend to make another, possibly for shopping, and for that one I will combine both of the pattern views into one. I'll put the optional snap pocket on the side facing away from the body with the idea of keeping my cell phone there. Then on the side that lies snug against my body I'll put the zippered pocket for more secure storage of my wallet. Inside I'll put a slip pocket on both sides, for more organization. I may also put a D-ring on both sides of the bottom so the strap can be attached to either side. 









2 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Beautiful work! I love all the stitching.

Marlene said...

Thanks Joanne. I really enjoyed doing the boro style embellishment for this bag.