Translate

Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Another New-to-Me Loom

 Yet another loom has followed me home.


This time it's a 4 shaft Carolyn by Woolhouse Tools. I once had an 8-shaft version of this model but sold it. I loved that loom, but 8 shafts were a bit much for my limited short term memory to cope with and the loom wasn't getting much use. I had also been having a real struggle warping that loom --- any loom for that matter. I had not yet committed the process to memory and had to follow along, step by step with a book.

Since selling the 8-shaft Carolyn I have woven a lot on the 2-shaft Saori loom that replaced it, gradually becoming more familiar and comfortable with the whole process of warping a loom. I have also acquired several Saori tools that make warping a loom much easier and more ergonomic as was proven while I warped the *other* new loom, the Leclerc Dorothy I introduced in an earlier post. 

In celebration of this most recent addition I treated it to a moisturizing rub down with Howard's Feed and Wax

As always, any links in my posts are there solely for your convenience. I receive no kickbacks for your "clicks". 

No comments: