Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

While I Waited

With my many varied fibre arts hobbies I always have plenty of projects on the go at any one time, but many of them are too involved, not transportable, or not mindless enough for away from home busy work.

I knew yesterday that I'd have a wait of several hours, in the car, in a parking lot while my husband had cataract surgery, so I brought this crochet project along. I had started it at home just to be sure the hook size was correct and I had all necessary tools with me. 


It's the "Treasure Net Shawl" by Johanna Lindhal. Once the set up rows are complete the remainder of the body of the shawl is a simple 2 row repeat until a very pretty border is added as a grand finale. It looks quite spectacular in some long repeat variegated yarns. I'm not too sure about the colours in the one I'm working with though. It was what I could pick up quickly.  It is the Cactus Flower colourway of Hobbii's "Twister". 

It worked out well as an easy project to keep me busy during a 4 hour wait -- until I dropped my crochet hook between the seat and the console of the car. After trying to squeeze my hand down the narrow space and only succeeding in pushing the hook farther from my reach, it finally dawned on me that I might be able to reach it from the back of the car. THAT resulted in a rather embarrassing bleating of the car alarm when I opened the door. Yes, sitting there waiting for so long I had locked the doors.
 

No comments: