Translate

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Moving Day

Today was moving day ----


Well, it was for the Saori CH60 anyway. My tiny little weaving room has been terribly overcrowded ever since the Woolhouse Tools Carolyn and the Leclerc Dorothy moved in. Tired of barely having room to turn around, let alone actually weave, I moved the Saori to an unused corner of the living room today.

On the loom is a warp made from a "grab bag" from a former guild members estate. The guild challenged us to use these yarns to create something and to have it ready in time for the Christmas Luncheon which is only one month from now. 

These are the yarns I received. Most are handspun. I think one is a commercially spun yarn, perhaps dyed by the former guild member.


Rooting through my own stash I found little bits n bobs of yarns I can use with the ones from the grab bag. Most notably is the multicoloured handspun one. I think it will be a good colour inspiration for choosing further yarns for both warp and weft. 


In other news, I spent ALL of October working exclusively on a Mystery Knitalong that has now come to an end. Wow! Big project. LOTS of knitting! I'll tell you more about that once I have a few modelled pictures.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Marlene that's a cool project you are doing with your Saori with the former member's yarns. Great project your guild is doing. And on your other project, is it Stephen West's MKAL?

Marlene said...

Yes, Anonymous, the huge October commitment was the "Twists and Turns Shawl" mystery knitalong by Stephen West. I don't know who you are. Did you participate in the knitalong?