Translate

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Narrow Scarf Passes the Test

In late November I scrounged around in my stash looking for a ball of somethin-er-other to pair with a quick and easy pattern I could do while waiting in the car while my husband had cataract surgery, since I was to be his designated driver after the procedure.


This little scarf, somewhat of my own design, but inspired by the Pomegranate Shawl by Drops Design, paired with a single ball of King Cole Riot Double Knitting, fit the bill. It's simple garter stitch other than a bit of shaping done on every 6th row. My innovation was to give it an I-cord edging all around.




It's been finished for a few weeks now and has passed the test of daily use. It's warm and cozy and just the right length and width. I like the way it hugs my neck without long ends to worry about.


It's nice and warm on our chilly early morning dog walks.






 

No comments: