Translate

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Brightening a Dark Corner

 In 2020 I wove a Saori wall hanging. I had a difficult time finding the perfect spot for it. It is lit with 50 tiny battery operated Christmas lights. If hung where it is too dark the weaving itself doesn't show, just the lights. If hung in a bright place the weaving looks great but the lights aren't show to best effect. This year I have found the perfect corner. It's away from direct light but not in total darkness either. 


The lump underneath it, covered in a plastic Christmas table cloth, is actually my Saori loom trying to hide in plain sight. Just a little closer to the camera position in the next photo is a Christmas table runner woven in 2013 that is remarkably similar to the wall hanging. 


And for those that don't visit via my Facebook page, here is our Christmas tree set up in the opposite corner near the fireplace.




No comments: