Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Italian Silk To Begin the New Year

 I did manage to get another loom dressed in time for the New Year.


This is the little Leclerc Dorothy 4 harness table loom dressed in pure Italian silk for a Pinwheel pattern. It will be a learning experience for me, for sure. I'm not really sure how to "properly" carry the yarns up the selvedge. I'm also not sure if I should have done the beginning hemstitching in black, before throwing the first few picks of the pattern in white? I kind of wish now that I had, though I'm not taking it out now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I love your plan to dress all the looms. I only have 2 looms these days...a 4 shaft Baby Wolf and an 8 shaft Mountain table loom, but I'm working on getting both warped t OO. ChelleC

Marlene said...

Chelle, in addition to the Leclerc Dorothy (4 shaft table loom), Saori CH60 (2 shaft floor loom), Woolhouse Tools Carolyn (4 shaft table loom), and Ashford Inkle loom that I dressed specifically to make my New Years Eve goal, I also have 2 other looms that already had warps on them. One is a Ashford Sample-It (rigid heddle loom) and the other is a tiny little Windhaven Ukulele (Inkle loom). Both of those have "dog" warps on them right now (warps that are not being worked on because my tastes and ambitions have changed. I need to redress them with something more inspiring, but for the purposes of my challenge I deemed them "dressed" for now.