One project finished and another nearly half done.
I finished the lace scarf I was working on. It's not quite what I expected. It's rather limp and lacking body. That would be a product of the laceweight Zepher I used, not a fault of the pattern itself. The pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, but in shawls people seem to get good results with either fingering or laceweight, so I thought it would be okay. I'll try it again someday using a heavier yarn.
Next up on the needles, a pair of Latvian mittens. The climate where I live is rather mild for such a thick mitten. The coldest part of winter here rarely requires much more than a lightweight driving glove. I'm knitting these more for the challenge and experience than anything.
My color choices were quite limited as I am just using up stuff from my stash. These yarns are "hand-me-downs" given to me by my daughter who received them from her grandmother-in-law.