Translate

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rumpled Lace

Lace always looks so ragged and rumpled when it is in progress.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As bad as it looks now, I am sure it will be lovely when it is finished and blocked. The pattern is called "Mary Ann's Cashmere and Pearls Lace Scarf" and I purchased the pattern from "Sivia Harding Knit Design".

This is a quickie lace project just to use up some of the beads and laceweight Zepher Wool-Silk left over from making the Peacock Feathers Shawl. I've got 8 of the 11 center repeats done and I've hardly made a dent in the small leftover ball I started with. Going by the yardage requirements stated on the pattern (229 yds - 328 yds, depending on brand of 50g ball) I thought I'd have barely enough (at 315 metres, or a little over one ounce) but I guess the difference between my laceweight and the suggested fingering weight is making it go farther. Maybe I'll even have enough for a second one?

No comments: