The shawl was too big for my blocking board and I was blocking it late at night so could not use my bed. I spread a sheet out on the carpet in an infrequently used room and pinned it out there.
You can see the beads I've added to the edging in this photo. They are the sparkling turquoise bits....the other colored dots are the pins of course.
You can see the blocking wires in this photo. I used them along the top edge and down the center spine. This is the lower tip of the shawl.
Here it is floating on a gentle breeze. Including the beads, it weighs three and three-quarter ounces. I started with 4 ounces of Zephyr Wool-Silk and I have one and a quarter ounces left, so without the added weight of the beads the whole shawl would have weighed less than 3 ounces.
The finished shawl measures 81" across the "wingspan" and 39" down the center back.
This was a very satisfying project. I can see now why people who "don't wear shawls" keep right on knitting them!