Translate

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Delayed

It's hard to believe it's March already --- especially when waking to this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I skipped my workout this morning. And with that, all hope of running the distance between Chilliwack and Prince George (on an elliptical trainer) by April first is gone. It was such a tight schedule that if I missed one more day I would not be able to make it. I was already running (hard) for 42 minutes, 5 days a week anyway for a total of over 30 miles per week. Adding any more time or distance was just not an option. Then waking today to see all the snow, hear of slippery roads and unpleasant temperatures --- bah --- my resolve slipped.

Part of me is glad that the pressure is off. As I said I was in a position where I could not miss a day for any reason and still hope to make the distance by April 1st. Sometime before the first of April our first grandchild will be born and when that happens I'll be taking a few days off anyway. I'll still make the goal though. It will just be slightly later.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, that chilly looking weather would send me under a quilt, not running. I'm sure it's a relief to have the pressure off. You are in great shape, though! Good for you!

Maggie Ann said...

Your snowfall is gorgeous though...we are having cold temps and snow squalls here. We got 2 inchs Sunday and a little more today. I don't mind though...because I get to stay inside and keep warm.