Wovenflame

A fiber-crafts fanatic who lives to create. Lately I've been knitting and sewing to clothe resin ball jointed dolls. I'm also "Wovenflame" on Ravelry, Flickr, ETSY, DoA and yahoogroups.

My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Capricorn, Married with grown children.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Next Up

Now on the wheel:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the beginnings of 250g of "Black Rainbow" a dyed, Halfbred wool blended with 10% rainbow glitter. I bought it from the Aurelia booth at Fibrefest International. I'm spinning it fine, to become a 2ply laceweight.

I hope to use the finished yarn for a beaded, evening type shawl to use in the holiday season. I still haven't picked a pattern though. Any suggestions? I'd like something reasonably complex --- not just one stitch pattern throughout.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's going to be stunning yarn! I'm trying to spin some two-ply laceweight, also with angelina, but I'm betting yours is going to be much more consistent than mine. :-)

I can't wait to see what pattern you choose!

June 17, 2007 7:42 pm  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

Wow! What a lovely yarn! You spin so even! :)

June 18, 2007 10:25 am  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i know you've made it once, but wouldn't that be stunning as a peacock shawl? maybe you could do like deb over at chappy's mom, and alter it into a stole (hers was gorgeous!)

June 19, 2007 10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home