Translate

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Next Up

Now on the wheel:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the beginnings of 250g of "Black Rainbow" a dyed, Halfbred wool blended with 10% rainbow glitter. I bought it from the Aurelia booth at Fibrefest International. I'm spinning it fine, to become a 2ply laceweight.

I hope to use the finished yarn for a beaded, evening type shawl to use in the holiday season. I still haven't picked a pattern though. Any suggestions? I'd like something reasonably complex --- not just one stitch pattern throughout.

3 comments:

Kat said...

That's going to be stunning yarn! I'm trying to spin some two-ply laceweight, also with angelina, but I'm betting yours is going to be much more consistent than mine. :-)

I can't wait to see what pattern you choose!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! What a lovely yarn! You spin so even! :)

dragon knitter said...

i know you've made it once, but wouldn't that be stunning as a peacock shawl? maybe you could do like deb over at chappy's mom, and alter it into a stole (hers was gorgeous!)