Translate

Monday, June 04, 2007

Welcome Visitors

According to Statcounter my blog gets an average of 100 - 125 "unique" visitors daily, actual "page loads" are higher meaning some visitors are looking around at more than one post each time they drop by. With my visitor count standing at 99222 right now, it seems likely that I will reach the 100,000 mark in the next week or two.

Here is a breakdown of where the last 500 readers came from. (I get a kick out of that sort of information).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


One of my most frequently visited pages is HERE. (Of the last 500 visitors, 78 were for this one page.) Seems my sorta-pattern for the Knitty-Gritty Sockettes has gotten on a few free pattern listings. 1, 2, 3, I even found it as the featured sock in a knit-a-long at one time. The funny thing is I've only knit ONE of them myself. That's right, it didn't even hold my interest long enough to get a pair. They're cute enough, but when I put socks on my feet I want warmth. I don't even like those short little sport socks. For me it's either nice, warm, handknit, woolen ankle socks or, in hot weather, sockless.

So you bloggers who host contests now and again, how do you go about organizing that? I'm thinking I should have some kind of contest in honor of the 100,000 th visitor. How do you take entrants? How do you pick a winner? How long do you take entries before doing the draw? Any cautions I should know about? What makes a good prize?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That IS a really cute pattern, almost like slippers.

Yarn (maybe some handspun) always makes a good prize and usually draws out the lurkers!

Laura said...

Yarn always makes a good prize. So do knitting books.

People usually either have contestants post a comment to a specific post, or send email to a specific address. Take your pick.

To choose a winner you can draw a number, use a random number generator, or have people tell you or show you something, and you pick your favorite.

At least, those are the most common ways. :-)

dragon knitter said...

i know what i'd like to see for a prize! your handspun!

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
I'm your visitor from Sweden ^^.
I love to browse around the internet and get inspiration from creative blogs, and I've added you to my Bloglines :)
Unfortunately I'm not so good at uploading my own creative work to my blog, just some small parts now and then.
I'm also trying to piff up my old project http://creativetasks.com
but reality comes in between all the time...

Marlene said...

Thanks for dropping by Sigrinn. Having visitors from around the world makes it feel like everyone is as close as the nextdoor neighbour.