Translate

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Sock Rehab

What to do when a good sock goes bad?

a2789

You know the ol' saying "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"?

a2786

Well, despite the fact that I only knit socks with "Superwash" yarn,

a2783

And I do what I can to make sure they never end up in the dryer,

a2781

Sometimes accidents happen,

a2778

And a pair ends up in the dryer.

a2776

A trip through a dryer cycle often spells the end for a favorite pair of hand knit socks.

a2772

There is no sense crying over felted socks (though I hear wool is very absorbent!),

a2768

So you're better off making the best of things.

a2767

And in this case, the "best of things" happens to be a sweet little wool coat.

a2765

And Pumpkin, my Fairyland LittleFee Leah, is the lucky recipient. 

a2764




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sweater is adorable!! I'm sure it must have been a great pair of socks as well.

Marlene said...

Yes, bearpicnic, unfortunately it was. But all is well that ends well. I'm hunting around now for another felted sock so I can not only make a jacket for Pumpkin, but maybe take pictures for a proper, step by step tutorial as well.

mijbil said...

Now my Pukifee NEEDS a jacket like that.. so cool! :D

Marlene said...

For a Pukifee you'll need to find a smaller sock mijbil. The sock needs to be the correct length from heel to cuff so that when the heel/hood is up then the cuff/hem is not too long on the doll.