Translate

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Persevering

Despite the distraction of a very tempting little wheel in the house I am still making progress on the Feather and Fan Shawl. I am forcing myself to knit a minimum of 2 rows every day. That doesn't sound like much, but as I am nearing the outside edge of a very large circular shawl, the pattern rows (one out of every 4) take me a full hour to do, and the plain rows aren't exactly quick either. 1,272 stitches per round.....and growing. 16 more rounds and then a crocheted loop bind off.

Oh. And it looks like I may run out of yarn. 8-X

2 comments:

dragon knitter said...

ooooooooo that stinks! a ny possiblity of getting more? (forgive my typing, i've been working on the flower basket shawl since 8 pm, and it's 11 now. ack!)

Marlene said...

It's still a "might" run out of yarn, but the remainder of the ball is shrinking at an alarming rate. I'm not too concerned though. The tencel I am making the shawl from is still available in that colorway, although being a hand dye it could have noticeable differences.

There is also the possibility of just using one of the colors from the hand paint in a solid version. I think it would look okay as it would result in an outside border effect. I bought the tencel at a fiber show and the same vendor will be back in this area in April.