Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2019

First Cotton Skein

My first skein of handspun cotton. I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.


I filled 3 spindles on the charkha (about .25 oz each), placed them on a charkha spindle lazy kate that my husband is making for me (not quite finished but I got to take it for a test drive), and then plyed them together using my Majacraft LittleGem wheel. 

The resulting skein weighs 20gr (.705 oz) and is approximately 80 yards long. I forgot to measure WPI before skeining it, but it looks to be about a fingering weight. So soft and cuddly! I love it.

2 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That looks amazing! My first handspun look like the yarn had hairballs interspersed throughout. *hugs*

Marlene said...

It's only my first cotton spinning Ruinwen, not my first ever spinning. I've been spinning wool for years.