Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Three For One

I entered 3 hand woven items in the exhibit at the ANWG (Association of Northwest Weaver's Guilds) Convergence 2019 held last month in Prince George and I did far better than I expected. My "What Rubbish" jacket won three different awards!


The awards ribbons from left to right are:

"Other Techniques, Best in Show"
"Recycled Yarn(s)/Fabric(s)"
"Other Techniques, "People's Choice"


Cash prizes were provided by:


I've decided to use the cash prizes to buy a Mahatma Centennial Charkha and embark on the new adventure of learning to spin cotton. The charkha will be arriving soon, but it may be awhile before the cotton I also ordered arrives.


The members of the Tzouhalem Spinner's and Weaver's Guild did such a beautiful job of the handmade award ribbons that I decided to frame them and display them in my weaving room. 


The awards ribbons from left to right are:

Hand knit from handspun silk.
Tablet woven by hand and beaded.
Handwoven in fine cotton in an intricate pattern.

A big thank you goes out to the many people who worked so hard to make Convergence 2019 a success.



2 comments:

drygardening said...

Congratulations! The jacket is such a great project.

Marlene said...

Thanks drygardening. It was a big undertaking. Many hours of work.