Translate

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Me Made May Nightwear

After sewing up 19 shirts for myself last month I have had no problem at all wearing something I've made myself every day throughout May. But what about the nights? LOL!



I know it's not a requirement, but I've tackled Me Made May nights too. Since my older night shirts are all hilariously large and sloppy on me now it was time for a couple of new ones.

Jalie.com patterns to the rescue again. I used a combination of pattern "3457 Dolman Tops" for the upper section and blended in the lower portion of the tunic view from pattern "3245 Raglan Tee and Racerback Tank". For the striped one above I had lengthened the tunic by 6", but have since decided it's too long for my tastes. I took 3 of those inches off for the red one below and I'm much happier with the length.


Both are made with a 95% cotton and 5%lycra blend jersey so they are very comfortable to sleep in. My bust measurement dictates a size that is 2 sizes larger than that for my hips but I just carried the one size from the bust down. I feel the extra looseness in the body portion is about right for a night shirt.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Those are adorable! Look SO comfortable!

Marlene said...

Thanks PJ. Yes, they are very comfortable. I may decide to make a couple more -- if I can find fabric that is suitable. So little selection here!

woolmosi@shaw.ca said...

Very nice nighties.