Translate

Thursday, May 06, 2021

StoDoll Eggy's Introduction

I've been so busy rushing to get the knitting patterns for DreamHigh Studio's micro doll Pocca ready for publication that I completely forgot to introduce a newcomer around here. Meet StoDoll "Eggy", renamed "Betty" after arriving here. 


I ordered her as a "full set", meaning she came with the wig, eyes, outfit, and shoes pictured above, which is a good thing because I was so caught up in the designing for micro-doll Pocca that I didn't have time to work with her much at first. 

(I know! Her expression does look like she was feeling the lack of attention!) 

The pattern collection for DreamHigh Studio's Pocca was published a few days ago, so now I can knit and/or sew a few things for Betty. This dress is the first of what will hopefully become a nice new wardrobe for her. 


She still looks a little sad. Maybe she's disappointed that it's only one dress after she waited so long? 


Fortunately Betty fits into the clothing from my Pukipuki line of knitting patterns. She is on a stodoll S body, which is much like an ob11 body but with legs that are 5mm longer and with stronger joints. 

The StoDoll body is amazing at posing unsupported!


True "ball jointed dolls" are strung with elastic cord, which often makes them "kicky" and prone to having their elastic stretch out over time leaving them less stable and needing restringing, which can be difficult. 


The StoDoll body has more of a mechanical joint and it holds varied poses beautifully.

No comments: