Translate

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Persian Tiles Blanket

The epic "Persian Tiles Blanket" afghan project is finally complete, and as much as I enjoyed making it I am glad to be moving on to other projects. 


This was months of work! I started it on September 7th and worked on it for a couple of hours nearly every day (minus the entire month of October when I was busy with Stephen West's "Twists and Turns Shawl") and I was finally able to get it finished today, January 10th.


Not being able to get my hands on the "Eastern Jewels" yarn kit, and wanting a larger afghan anyway, I made up my own colourway using what colours I could coordinate in "Hobbii Amigo" yarn.



I chose to finish the afghan with the "Persian Tiles Extension" border by Tracy Fear.


The border pattern is quite vague about stitch counts, and I made a rectangular afghan rather than a square, so I found my corners didn't line up quite the way they were supposed to and I worked them out as best I could.

As usual, all links are only there for your convenience and I don't receive any kickbacks from your "clicks".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so gorgeous!!! Chelle

Marlene said...

Thanks Chelle! I'm very pleased with it.

Laurinda said...

NO ONE is going to comment, or even see, an imperfect corner on that beauty!

Marlene said...

Thanks Laurinda. That's so kind of you to say. I fudged each corner so that it looks okay on its own -- they just don't match.