Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Poinsettia Shawl

The Poinsettia Shawl makes its debut.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's 48 inches square. I think I would have liked it to be a little bit bigger.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's not quite large enough to wrap around and have a casual tie at the front.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is made of my own handspun, a 2 ply, laceweight, wool/mohair.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here it catches a few rays of fall sun. These two pictures of it draped over my spinning wheel are the most accurate colourwise.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wanna see it close up?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

15 comments:

dragon knitter said...

once again, drool. magnificent. i wannabe a knitter like you when i grow up ! (if that ever happens)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! love it. :)

Maggie Ann said...

Marlene, your shawl is so beautiful! the multiple designs are eye-catching. Long ago I knit a set of couch pillows that had a leaf design in it. You are one fantastic knitter!

Claire said...

Your shawl is beautiful. I'm working up to a bit lace project and I am very inspired now :-)

Nicole said...

Very pretty. I can't even image how many hours that must have taken!

kristo said...

wow mom, that looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person!

Kary said...

WOW - very pretty!!! Great knitting AND spinning! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job. Wonderful that you are able to spin the wool to make such a lovely shawl. I have had that pattern forever, but now, I am encouraged to make it. Yours is lovely and looks great on you.

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! And what a special shawl to be knit from your own handspun. Mine isn't really large enough either to comfortably wear, so most of the time, I use it for a lap blanket, then I can always look at the pretty stitches.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! and the fact that you spun the yarn makes it even more so.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What an accomplishment..

Bess said...

What a stunning job you've done. I'm just about (but not quite) speachless!

celia said...

So stunning that it's inspiring. what lovely work you have done. wow!!!

yarnahoy said...

that's a mind-bogglingly beautiful & complicated shawl! wow

Anonymous said...

This is just awesome. Very very pretty.......i think the size of it, is perfect for you!!!:-)