Translate

Monday, April 30, 2007

Masters Monday - To Be Continued

Friday was a Very Good Day. It was so good in fact that all the good news could not be contained in one blog post. As you may recall, I reached my running goal on Friday. The update on my "running ticker" at the top of my post was the most immediately visible good news, so I chose to focus on that and leave the rest for today.

So today I continue with a "Masters Monday" post according to the tradition I established earlier of reporting my progress on the program in each Monday's post.

Today's progress report:

I PASSED!

My Level 1 submission was returned Friday. ALL of my swatches were accepted, and according to the letter "It is highly unusual for all swatches to be accepted on the first try!". There were a few, very minor comments which I will point out by editing my earlier Masters Monday posts. If you are interested in viewing the suggestions for improvement you should be able to bring up a list of all related posts by typing "Masters Monday" or "swatches" into the blogs search bar.

The written work that I stressed over so much was accepted as well and was deemed "very thorough" and " well researched". In the questions section I had to resubmit PART of ONE of my answers due to a very dumb mistake. I can't believe I overlooked something as simple as a change in stitch count due to some increases. Kicking myself I tell ya, KICKING myself! But for that one small error I would have passed on the first try. Bah.


Anyway, because my only required resubmit was minor and involved a small portion of one answer, I was allowed to send my resubmit via email. I had my correction accepted by the following day.


Woo, hoo! On to Level II.


I won't be ordering that just yet. I have a few projects around here that need attention and I have to buy new glasses. (Have you seen the price of progressive lenses lately!!)

13 comments:

Michelle said...

WooHoo! Congratulations on both goal's passed with flying colours! How exciting. Maybe I ought to try the Masters course...I think I'll wait a couple of years until my daughter is in school full-time first.

I know the Canadian guild has a new master knitting course. Did you know about it before starting the course with TKGA?

PJ said...

GOOD JOB!!! That is wonderful news! We should have a blog party or something for you!!!!

AlisonH said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful accomplishment!

Paula said...

Way to go! Sounds like you did a super job.

FYI here is the URL for the Canadian guild that Michelle mentioned.

http://www.cgknitters.ca/

Their accreditation program is fairly new and I believe only Level 1 has been released so far. For that reason I think the TKGA program is a better choice for more experienced knitters.

Marlene said...

The course can be done in little snatches of time Michelle. No more than the amount of time you put into some of the beautiful projects you already do. You have done the "shy sheep vest", and the "culdesac vest", both which were a challenge for me. Your "vest of many stitches" was mind boggling (I've yet to get the courage to try that one!) and now you are doing the "here be dragone" shawl. I know you would have no problem with the course.

I've edited an earlier comment I made about the Canadian knitter's guild's course. I said I thought it was defunct, but now I'm wondering if it was a Master SPINNING guild I had read about. Could be. I have a terrible memory!

~Kristie said...

Huge Congratulations to you! I don't blame you for taking a bit of a break before starting the next level. You've definitely earned it.

Laura said...

Wow! That's awesome news, Marlene. Fabulous. I *knew* those swatches looked awesome. All that perfectly good fretting you did, all for naught. LOL Congratulations, gf.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Congrats! That is an amazing accomplishment and you should really be very proud of yourself! ...and on the first try too! :)

Beth said...

Congratulations!!! I need to pick mine back up. If I don't see others working on it at the same time, I can't get my motivation up.

Romi said...

Congratulations! Way to go. :)

Dave said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're on the Honour Roll. :-)

Nicole said...

Congrats! After all that work, it is a well-deserved achievement. Will you be sharing your essay with us?

Marlene said...

Nicole, I checked with the Master Knitters committee and due to concerns about plagiarism and unfair advantage for the future Level 1 applicants, they would prefer that I didn't publish my reports. It's too bad. I'd like to share what I learned. It seems far too much work to keep to oneself.