Wovenflame

A fiber-crafts fanatic who lives to create. Lately I've been knitting and sewing to clothe resin ball jointed dolls. I'm also "Wovenflame" on Ravelry, Flickr, ETSY, DoA and yahoogroups.

My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Capricorn, Married with grown children.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Little Tent Stitch Socks

Likely to be my last FO of 2007, the Little Tent Stitch Socks.


These were done toe-up and using my own modification of the little tent stitch from the Barbara Walker stitch dictionaries, and Sock Wizard's "Ultimate Heel".

Although they fit perfectly once I get them on, I really have to tug at them to get them over my heel. Annoying for sure.

Although my Christmas was marred by a nasty, nasty flu that I am only just now beginning to recover from, I did receive some lovely gifts. I'll be showing the fibre related ones over the next day or two.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

lovely socks! I really like how the striping came out on the heel. :-)

December 29, 2007 2:41 pm  
Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks Jen! I'm not really sure if I like the heel myself or not. The bold bands of colour seem such a stark contrast to the stitch pattern used for the rest of the sock.

December 29, 2007 4:36 pm  
Blogger PJ said...

What FUN socks! Good job finishing something still in '07 :) Happy New Year!

December 29, 2007 6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home