Translate

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Entrelac Bag


Entrelac has never really appealed to me, but after receiving a request to teach a class on the subject, I set to work to learn something new. I chose a felted bag pattern from the Knitpicks line and bought their Wool of the Andes to complete it.

Here it is, not yet felted, turned upside down and warming my feet.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have several miles (okay, it's "only" 80 inches) of 10 stitch I-cord yet to knit for the two handles and then it's off to my daughter's house for felting. I gave my top-loading washing machine to her when I (stupidly) bought a front loader.

And the class I was asked to teach? Not going to happen. I wisely begged off. I'm not interested enough in the technique to do a full exploration of all it's variations and possibilities and, really folks, it amounts to picking up stitches along the edge of one shape and knitting another. I could talk/demonstrate on that for a maximum of.....oh....maybe three and a half minutes! They have an offer, waiting in the wings, from a yarn shop owner who will do class lasting about 2 hours.

No comments: