Translate

Monday, February 21, 2011

Needle Doodling

I played around making doll dresses yesterday and had borrowed dolls model them. While putting these St. Patrick's Day outfits together I had a great deal of fun doing what I call "needle doodling". I know this type of thing is usually called "embellishment", but the way I approached this, just fiddling around without any specific plan or intended outcome, certainly felt like doodling, only with a needle and thread, beads and ribbons.

I'm very happy with the results. I'll eventually put them up for sale on Etsy.com, when I get my online shop up and running. I'm gradually working towards that goal.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Not felted, but made from purchased felt. At this ultra tiny scale it is very difficult to use ordinary fabric that needs to have facings or hemmed edges. Felt, with it's no fray property makes things so much easier.

I really enjoyed making the little dresses. It's like a blank canvas to doodle creatively on.