Translate

Friday, June 19, 2015

Beginner Class

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the results of my first attempt to make a rose with polymer clay. The class was a lot of fun and I learned a lot.



I'm very happy with the rose and the little accent flowers. Once photographed I can see that the leaves look too thick and chunky though. Next time I'll work on getting those thinner and more delicate looking.



While I would have limited use for polymer flowers, I do want to give creating polymer clay beads a try. Having the ability to create unique beads for jewelry would be worthwhile. Still, I don't think working with polymer clay will become a huge thing in my life --- more like an occasional side interest, especially if I am wanting a particular piece of jewelry that I am not able to find in stores.

I do believe I'll take a closer look at polymer clay how-to books next time I'm in Micheals.

3 comments:

Marjorie M said...

You're so amazingly creative! Almost everything you do turns out beautiful - like this rose!

Gene Black said...

Beads are pretty easy to make unless you insist on them being uniform in shape. I form mine by hand, rolling them on a hard surface (a square of ceramic floor tile works great as a surface)

MarthaVA said...

Ohhh, that's lovely! :-) The rose really is pretty.
I have done some polymer clay - I made some buttons which I really liked making - free form of course. lol Keeping the clay soft in between uses is the trick. I never did really buy a book - hmm, that's a thought, maybe I'd learn something!
I love knowing I'm not the only crafty ADD person around. Everything you do is beautiful.
Martha