Translate

Friday, July 27, 2018

Could Be Better

Another remake, this one not as flattering, but still a functional garment. 

I took two of these denim dresses, picked up from a clearance rack, and remade them into one that worked better for my needs. 


I really liked the way the dresses felt on, but they were too long, lacked the large, useful pockets that I love, and had a horrible belt that made the dresses look like a pillow tied in the middle.


So I chopped the sleeves off of one of the dresses, and other than opening them up by making a vertical cut above the sleeve placket, I used them 'as is', buttons, pleats and all, to create large detailed pockets on the second dress. 


I also shortened the dress to become more of a tunic length for wearing with leggings.


The fit is loose and comfortable, not clingy.


And I love those extra large pockets!


The scraps left over from the remaining dress will be used in my boro/sashiko embroidery work. 

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Isn't it great to be able to "re-imagine" clothing so that it fits your needs.