Translate

Friday, July 13, 2018

Upcycled Hat

A hat I like!


And it fits!



Other than the eyelets which I had to buy new, it's completely "upcycled" from old denim jeans.


I purposely left the edges exposed so that they would fray with repeated washing.


Did I mention that it FITS? I have a large head and can't buy ready made ladies hats. I made this one using the multi-sized "garden hat" pattern in the book, "Happy Hats and Cool Caps", which I picked up at "The Bookman", a used book store in town.


I'm very pleased with the end result. It is SO comfortable and provides protection from the glare of the sun on my long dog walks.


There may be others in the future. I'd like at least one more so I have something to wear when this one is in the wash.

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oooh, I have that book although I have never made any of the hats. Perhaps you will inspire me to try!

Marlene said...

Nothing to lose other than a little time if you try this one Gene. It's made completely from old jeans, other than a package of eyelets that I had to buy and which will last for at least a couple more hats. The hat doesn't even require interfacing.