Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Minis



I've slid down another crafting rabbit hole. Are you surprised? It seems every textile art I ever experiment with grabs me and consumes me at least for a time. 



These are 4 inch "Stitch Meditations" I've been working on the past few days. 


The idea is to simply spend some time relaxing and stitching, without planning, without perfection, and without an end purpose. It's about the process, not the end product.


According to the description statement of a related Facebook group "this process was developed by Liz Kettle to help develop a creative mindfulness practice that is simple and easy to implement."


I have definitely found that this sort of small daily practice spurs creativity, not just for that which is related to embroidery but in every creative arena.




Stitch Meditations with Liz Kettle from Liz Kettle on Vimeo.


No comments: