Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

7 More Minis

While I've been working on a few other creative projects around here my 4 inch minis slipped to the wayside for a bit, but I'd like to get back to them as soon as possible.


It's only been a few days but already I really miss that quiet, creative time after dinner, just me and my stitching.


In the meantime here are 7 more that have been completed since I last posted about Stitching Meditations.


These are all done with no preplanning. I just dig through my scraps and see what happens.


The mini shown below is actually the worn out elbow section of one of my husbands denim shirts. It is overlapping a section of a worn out, ancient old handkerchief. Peeking through that you can just see the plaid flannel from a shirt that is used as a backing to all of my recent squares.


The bright orange mini below is the corner from a sarong I cut up for a scarf I showed recently. It is sewn to a thrifted linen blend fabric that was used as an inexpensive "muslin" for a trial pattern that failed so never quite made it as a bloggable sewing project. 


This last mini is a strip of that same bright orange-red linen blend fabric laid in a wandering path over a square of the duvet fabric I used in my heavily embroidered Les Etoiles tunic.


There will be more. Probably many more. Perhaps one day they will find themselves attached in groups to a backing and displayed somewhere where the details can be seen. 



6 comments:

ChelleC said...

This is gorgeous work! Love this handstitching/embroidery

Marlene said...

Thanks Chelle. Considering the imperfection and lack of an end goal I do find it very enjoyable and relaxing to do. Maybe the enjoyment is *because* there is no end goal and no need for perfection.

cjbj said...

Loved the minis, a great idea to use creativity and relax with no expectedcresults! Will watch that video you provided another day. I enjoy following you and your endless creativity and energy! I never did start looming even after your lovely tutirial you gave me years ago now! May put it on loan with your group!

And after my mom passed last June I ended up with 6 knitting machines. All still sitting around. I plan to keep the 360 as I was familiar with it many years ago when had one.Any ideas of how to re home them?

Marlene said...

Oh my goodness cjbj I'm the wrong person to ask about finding a home for knitting machines. I have one languishing under my bed. I know I'll likely never use it since I prefer to knit by hand, don't have the space to set one up now, and can't stand the noise.

One of the biggest deterrents to selling a knitting machine is that they are very heavy and expensive to mail or send by courier. Aiming for a local sale is more sensible for that reason but not too many people have the skills or interest. If you price them low enough you might find interest on Kijiji or local Facebook buy and sell groups. You could also check out the machine knitting groups on Ravelry. I believe there is even one specific to selling knitting machines. Another option would be to weigh and measure them for postal estimates and then list them on eBay auction and just be happy for whatever you get and having them cleared out of your house.

drygardening said...

I love these blocks!

Marlene said...

Thanks drygardening. They are great fun to do. I haven't added any more recently, been so busy, but I'd like to get back to it.