As I was knitting the various pieces of this baby set I didn't mention it on my blog because I wanted to present them as a completed set. These three items bring my total finished objects, so far this year, to 16.
The color is not right. I have fiddled with it a little and still can't get a true representation of the color. Even in "real life" I find that the appearance of this yarn varies considerably depending upon the lighting. In the rainy day photos I have taken it is coming out way too blue. In reality it is a soft lavender color.
I've had the cotton yarn for the next project sitting around since January. It is working up rapidly. This "beginnings" photo was taken in the late afternoon and by late evening, working on it sporadically, I had over 6" knitted. This will be a "Shapely Tank Top". So far I am having my doubts about the short row shapings of the hem line. It seems to me that they are packed too close together, that there should be a greater difference in the length of each subsequent row. On MY knitting anyway, it is turning out like a short, rather deep dart where I would think the effect should be more gradual and soft. I am leaving it as is though. Many, many people have knit this pattern successfully and to rave reviews. I'll try to trust that all will work out fine.