Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Lots Of Knitting But Little Blogging

I've been very busy knitting away on the Woven Rib Tank Top. It's quite a fine gauge so progress is slow and I have little to write about.

I've reached the underarm area and the point where I have had to make a few more design decisions. I've decided on a square neckline on the back and a sweetheart neckline (right angle "V" joining vertical sides) on the front. This seems to be what will work best with the stitch pattern. I have graphed it all out and I am able to work this neckline shaping without interrupting the floats that form a prominent part of the stitch pattern.

I might have a picture of the completed back piece in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Leisel said...

I love sweetheart necklines, and I've been trying to figure out if it could be done with knitting, as I can't remember seeing any. I figured it probably could if I really set my mind to it, but it'll be nice to see yours before I get around to trying my own hand at it.

- Leisel

Marlene said...

It'll be a few days before I am blundering my way through that part. I just finished up the back today and it will take at least a few days knitting to reach the neckline of the front. I've never done that type of neckline before either, but will give it a shot.