Translate

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Garter Ridge Baby Sweater

My daughter bought a little blue, beige, and cream coloured outfit in case the expected baby is a boy. In response I knit up this little sweater in coordinating colours.


It's loosely based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's "February" Baby Sweater on Two Needles from the Knitter's Almanac. As written EZ's sweater is quite feminine, so I substituted garter stitch ridges where she has the lace pattern.

The front edges looked a bit untidy where I had been carrying the two colours up from one ridge to the next so I picked up some stitches and then immediately cast them off loosely creating a neater, bound looking edge.

Buttons were courtesy of the ever evolving Button Jar.

And now to design some kind of hat........

1 comment:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You've really been making the cutest little things. :)