Translate

Monday, May 01, 2006

Illusion Knitting

Now you see them,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now you don't.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Through the magic of illusion knitting we have sheep dancing in and out of view. This is the start of the Shy Sheep Vest. I'm using my own handspun wool for this. The natural color is spun from rovings purchased at Seabird Island reserve. The green is that unwanted fleece I picked up for $5 through the guild. I sprinkle dyed it with Ashford dyes, combed it using mini combs by Ray, spun it on my Little Gem wheel and then did a Navaho Ply to keep the variations in color seperate. Both yarns are approximately a worsted weight.

6 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Oh my, however does that work. I see those sheep now! Very interesting =)

Angela said...

Very nice work Marlene. The greens are lovely and the sheep are distinctly sheepy looking.

Michelle said...

Ohhhh, you started! Looking great!

Diane said...

Love your vest! And your technique of color-blending is really wonderful. Thanks for that!
How did you manage to get the pattern without ordering the yarn? I didn't think it was possible!

Diane said...

oop sorry, wanted to get response (if any) to my inbox...

Marlene said...

Thanks Diane. If you contact the designer, Mabel Corlett, directly she will sell just the pattern to you.

mabel@woolroom.on.ca

Have you seen the finished vest?

http://wovenflame.blogspot.com/2006/05/shy-sheep-vest-done.html