Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Disappointing Fit

I have mixed feelings about this one.

Jacket from blue Saori warp

On the one hand I LOVE the colour. Wearing vibrant, bold colours makes me feel happy and alive.

Front

But I’m not happy with the way that front hem is hanging. The Right front is sagging a little. I think it’s in part due to the relatively loose weave. I should have backed the entire thing with fusible interfacing to give it more stability.

Right front

I also didn't intend for the “hairy-ness” to be so prominent. It’s because one of the fur yarns is white. The places where it is pink, blue, or black I actually like.

Back

LOVE the way a bit of Saori weaving peeks out of the back box pleat.

Not as "linebacker " when I'm wearing it.

Not so in love with the way it fits me. Even though I chose a size smaller than my measurements indicated was necessary (because I’m successfully dieting and anticipate being smaller by far in a few months), the jacket is rather large on me even now. I won’t get much wear out of it before it’s uncomfortably loose on me.

No comments: