Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Streak Of Blue Lightening Socks

I've been (occasionally) knitting on this particular pair of socks for so long that many of the details now escape my (admittedly poor) memory.

This ruffly looking cast off was only done yesterday so I DO remember that part. I used the ultra-stretchy cast off I learned while doing the Swallowtail Shawl.

K2, *transfer the 2 stitches on the right needle back to the left needle and then K2tog through the back loop. K1 and repeat from* around.

It makes for a very stretchy cast off perfect for toe-up socks. AND ---

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

---when worn it doesn't look at all ruffly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The rest of the details for these socks are lost to the miles and miles (okay, just 7", but knitting only in meetings, waiting rooms, or on long car rides, it took forever!) of K1, P1 ribbing. I THINK I used Heartstrings Pattern: A50 - 5232 "Basic Toe-to-Cuff Sock", but after the heel was knit I would have filed the pattern away.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was likely some kind of sock yarn from Elann.com
Maybe.

2 comments:

Romi said...

Cool! I love the way the color flashed on those. :)

Lorraine said...

Oooh! Another great cast-off. I'm always on the hunt for new techniques.