Translate

Friday, May 18, 2007

What Have I Done?

Thought I'd participate in this little knitting questionnaire I found on Minnie's blog.

"Bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing."

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up

Mittens: Tip-down (perhaps some day)
Hat
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting (doesn't really interest me)
Participating in a KAL
Sweater

Drop stitch patterns (another one I don't like the look of)
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn (I love to try new fibres)
Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn (as soon as I spin it up!)
Two end knitting (in some distant future I may give it a try)
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn (another one I'll be spinning soon)
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers

Graffiti knitting (I wonder if I could mattress stitch a stop sign cozy in the cover of darkness --- heh, heh)
Continental
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns

Publishing a knitting book [well sure, why not? I'll start small with a magazine article first. ;-P ]
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money

Button holes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colours
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting (I prefer to work at my own pace --- although sometimes that IS marathon style)
Knitting with someone else's handspun yarn ( quivet!)
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit

Bobbles
Knitting for a living (that would take the fun out of it!)
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking (no interest)
Dying yarn
Steeks

Knitting art (perhaps some day)
Knitting two socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars simultaneously (Well I usually do two socks at the same time on ONE long circular. Does that count?)
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener
BO
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards (I think I may have tried knitting backwards at one time, not sure)
Machine knitting
Knitting with selfpatterning/selfstriping/variegating yarn
Stuffed toys

Knitting with cashmere (when it's spun, I'll get right on that)
Darning
Jewelry

Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves

Intarsia (I've never seen intarsia that I truly liked, but I'll be doing it for the Master Knitter Program.)
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
(Maybe someday)
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting (meh)
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine

Rug (I've woven rugs, but never knit them.)
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting (don't live in the right climate for that)
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets

Shrug/bolero/poncho (Say NO to ponch-Os)
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Hair accessories
Knitting in public


Knitting with one color in each hand. (it wasn't included in the list - heh)

5 comments:

dragon knitter said...

show off, adding stuff to the list, lol! you sound like me. i actually sent banana fiber yarn to an almost vegan secret pal a while back, and she adored it. said it acted very much like silk.

Melissa said...

Wow, you have done so much. I'll have to add this list when I post to my blog tomorrow.

Really though, I'm coming to comment on your post above this. I would love to see the photo essay of how to weave on the nail loom but, that post won't let me comment.

Looking forward to it.

~Fraggle(Melissa)

Marlene said...

Thanks for the heads up Melissa. Somehow the options to comment or link to that post got shut down. It should be fixed now though. I hope this isn't going to be a regular problem with Blogger.

Nicole said...

It's funny that you say you don't live in the right climate for thrummed knitting... most Americans consider anywhere north of the 49th to be perfect for exactly just that! :)

Marlene said...

Where I spent much of my childhood and the early years of my marriage (central BC) it WAS cold enough for many months of the year to be wearing thrumbed mittens Nicole, but British Columbia has several different climates depending on where in the province that you live. Part of the province seems almost like a desert --- very dry and hot during the summer months. I now live in "the lower mainland" of BC and it's a coastal climate here. We get a lot of rain in the winter but the temperatures don't usually drop low enough for snow --- unless you go into the mountains. I don't even own a winter jacket anymore. I wear a rain resistant jacket from Fall through to Spring, and add a fleece vest when it is "cold".